On behalf of the HCHA Board of Management and our CEO Christopher Holley, we wish to say a huge thank you to the many people in the community who have helped our vulnerable tenants.
We greatly appreciate the work of so many individuals, volunteers and organisations who have worked tirelessly and selflessly to support our elderly and vulnerable tenants in these challenging and unprecedented times of the Covid-19 pandemic. We wanted to especially mention:-
- Helping Hand’s voluntary community group from Harrow Central Mosque to do shopping and food deliveries for our vulnerable tenants, with support from HCHA’s Scheme Managers.
- Council staff and volunteers in the boroughs we work in.
- Family and friends of our tenants who have delivered shopping to them and others. And those who’ve kept away from their loved ones to help keep all our residents safe.
- Carers at Ewart House Extra Care scheme who have taken on the extended role of shopping for tenants.
- Food Banks across the areas where we work.
- London Community Kitchen who have delivered ready meals and eggs to Paxfold over Easter Bank holiday.
- HCHA staff who have ensured the safety and welfare of tenants. This includes daily call rounds for tenants, coordinating shopping and prescription lists with accredited volunteers, and supporting the needs of our tenants in other innumerable ways.
- And finally and most importantly, we would like to thank our tenants for following the Government’s guidelines and keeping each other, and themselves safe.
Photo courtesy of Helping Hands, Harrow Mosque