Do you have an idea that might improve our services?

Have we done something that you think warrants a pat on the back
or a rap on the knuckles?

If you want to pass on a comment, compliment or complaint
here’s the best way to go about it.

If you use or have used to use any HCHA service or you are acting for someone who does, we welcome your comments, ideas and suggestions.

We welcome your views, including those about:

  • any part of our service that we could do better or even that we do especially well
  • any decision we make that concerns you, or someone who you represent
  • the way our staff, contractors or volunteers conduct themselves.

We want our services to come up to scratch, so please tell us if you think something isn’t right or isn’t working. We are keen for you to have a say in how HCHA manages its services and so always welcome your ideas and opinions. They really matter to us!

If you have sent us a compliment or a complaint then you will receive an acknowledgement within 5 working days.

If you have complained (we call this Step One of our procedure) we will also try very hard to respond to your complaint within 10 working days. If we cannot we will let you know.

If things do not get sorted and you ask us to take your complaint to Step Two we will acknowledge your request within 5 working days and let you know what we will do or our decision within 20 working days. 

You can comment or complain to us however you wish. You can:

  1. Email us at;
  2. Talk to one of our staff in person or over the phone. They might be able to solve a problem for you there and then. If not they will make sure the matter is followed up.
  3. Fill out the online comments form on this page. They will be sent directly to the right person.
  4. Fill in a printed comments form (or download and print one here) and post it in the comments and complaints box, if you live in a scheme where we have an office.
  5. If you live in a scheme (sheltered housing for example) that has residents meetings, you can raise any matter there.

Our address:

HCHA Head Office
Ground floor
Ewart House
9 Richards Close

We are open between 9am and 5pm. You can also call us there on 020 8424 2776 or email

We are signed up to and a strong supporter of the Housing Ombudsman Code of Practice for handling complaints. The code guides how we manage our two-step complaints process and ensures that we report our performance to tenants, our Board and in our Annual Report. We want to learn from our mistakes and not repeat them. Telling us about a problem helps us.

The Housing Ombudsman will not normally intervene in a complaint until we have exhausted the HCHA Complaints Procedure. They will, however, offer guidance and their website has lots of useful information to assist you if you would like help to take your complaint forward.

If you need help to make a complaint we will always make reasonable adjustments if you are finding our process harder to access or manage. You can also appoint a representative or advocate if you wish. Do let us know if you need extra help!

The Housing Ombudsman has published a complaints handling code that housing associations should comply with.  HCHA has assessed how it responds to complaints against the code and found that it complies fully.  Please click the link below to see a copy of our full self-assessment.